Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Dear Norva and Ocean View Pier

Ocean View: I had no clue that when I called you, you would answer with such enthusiasm.  It was more than I could have ever expected, especially since I have been swamped with real life things like grading, studying, reading and the like.  But you welcomed me with open arms and gave me 20 minutes to share a bit of my soul.  Thank you for making me smile.

 Norva: If I had any clue just how great the talent that would play your stage on Sunday night, it might have kept me off the stage Friday night at the Pier.  Imogen Heap can make music out of anything she touches and literally breaths life into anything she touches.  It was humbling to watch a brilliantly talented musician orchestrate a night of lyrical and musical bliss.  It took a little courage to pick up the guitar Tuesday after that show, but I learned something.  For every exceptionally talented musician that has found success in music, there is a musician that has ability, a strong work-ethic, and with a little effort might find herself graduating from the Pier stage to the Norva stage; and then, maybe she won't.  Either way, she loves to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment